Re: [RFS] casacore-1.7.0 uploaded to mentors

heroxbd@gmail.com writes:
> Thanks for reviewing the package.  I have uploaded a new version to
> mentors,

I had now the chance to look into the package. Since I am still not very
experienced with sponsoring, and the package is quite complicated, I
would however encourage others to review it as well.

The package is quite OK; just two points are IMO required for an upload

* The tools package does not contain manpages, which are a "should" in
  the Debian policy (12.1). Since the binaries already have some help
  output, it should not be difficult to write manpages, or try out the
  "help2man" program.

* please change the distribution in debian/changelog from UNRELEASED to
  unstable

What is not required, but should be considered is to replace the exit()
functions in the library by abort() (and share this with
upstream). Calling exit has the disadvantage that the program just ends
in the middle of a library call, and this is difficult to debug. abort()
at least gives the possibility to get a stack trace.

On a longer term, I would also recommend to create symbols files. They
make it easier for other packages to find out which minimal version of
casacore they actually need. However, I'd not put any urgency here.

But the package looks fine for me! You have put a lot of good work into
it!

Best regards

Ole