Re: Welcome to debian-astro!

Le 12/08/2014 15:00, Michael Olberg a écrit :

considering we are in a vacation period and most people are not present, I'll attempt to answer to those questions I know of

Thanks Raphael, from IRAM I would like to know if
-1) they have started any packaging activities themselves, and

not a chance

0) if they did think about a proper license

unknown, will have to ask
the current license information is pretty WTF indeed

Apart from that I would have the following questions:

1) on the bugs.debian.org page related to gildas, I find the following
text:

   If you are still interested in packaging gildas, please send a mail to
   <control@bugs.debian.org> with:

    retitle 694637 ITP: gildas -- Radioastronomy data analysis software
    owner 694637 !

Is that how I reopen this bug, even when I am not the person who sent
the original ITP? If yes, would I send this as the subject line or the
body of the email?

no idea ;)

2) I am not sure how to write a copyright file when upstream doesn't
have a proper copyright notice. I tried to follow the relevant
documentation, but lintian keeps complaining... I have tried both free
format and machine readable.

linked to question 0 above ;)

3) gildas consists of quite a number of executables which typically end
up in a directory which the user needs to add to her path. My package
does just that and contains the startup script to set the relevant
environment variables. I put everything under /usr/share/gildas/bin.
Again, lintian is not very happy about this...

here are my compile notes :

build requirements : gfortran

dependancies :
* libgtk2.0-dev
* python-dev
* python-numpy
* liblapack-dev
* libfftw3-dev
* libcfitsio3-dev

then lauch the

source admin/gildas-env.sh -s /usr/lib

command

for some reason it doesn't find the system fftw3 and cfitsio libraries
also, we don't appear to have a slatec library available (it uses the internal one), and libasdmStandalone is nowhere to be found

the next step requires LOTS of ram (about 3G), apparently

run make

there are some warnings that may be cleaned up if you're proficient in fortran, I suppose ;-)

4) Am I obliged to use a pbuilder environment (for testing or unstable?)
or can I begin by creating a lintian compliant package in my current
Ubuntu and/or LMDE setup?

I believe the dh stuff will use some form of fakeroot automagically

I am currently looking into packaging missfits and have been following
http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/packaging-new-software.html

/Michael