Re: Welcome to debian-astro!

Le 12/08/2014 15:00, Michael Olberg a écrit :

3) gildas consists of quite a number of executables which typically end
up in a directory which the user needs to add to her path. My package
does just that and contains the startup script to set the relevant
environment variables. I put everything under /usr/share/gildas/bin.
Again, lintian is not very happy about this...

for the record, make install will setup a gildas-exe-12aug14 (for example) directory containing all files

compilation ends with this note :

Installation succeeded!

bash users: You should add in your ~/.bash_profile the following lines
    export GAG_ROOT_DIR=/home/laogtool/packaging/gildas/gildas-exe-12aug14
    export GAG_EXEC_SYSTEM=x86_64-ubuntu14.04-gfortran
    source $GAG_ROOT_DIR/etc/bash_profile

csh users:  You should add in your ~/.login the following lines
    setenv GAG_ROOT_DIR /home/laogtool/packaging/gildas/gildas-exe-12aug14
    setenv GAG_EXEC_SYSTEM x86_64-ubuntu14.04-gfortran
    source $GAG_ROOT_DIR/etc/login

You should then exit this xterm and open a new one to reset your path.
GILDAS should be ready for use (e.g. type greg @ gag_demo:demo).
Bye.

so, it looks like it's all more or less relocatable