Re: Installation of debian unstable on Lenovo IdeaPad 5G 14Q8X05

> Use the network console mode of the Debian installer, which will likely
> let you SSH in from another device so that you can check logs etc. All
> of the Debian installer wiki pages are outdated so I'm not sure if
> these are correct/useful, but it should be possible somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try even though the device does not have an ethernet interface, only wifi which surely requires drivers.

> Download the Debian Linux kernel image binary package and check if it
> has the build config options for SC8180X enabled in /boot/config-*.
>
> If not, try to rebuild it with that enabled and boot that.

You are right, they are not set. I will try to rebuild the kernel even though it is my first time :)
# CONFIG_PINCTRL_SC8180X is not set
# CONFIG_PINCTRL_SC8280XP is not set
# CONFIG_INTERCONNECT_QCOM_SC8180X is not set
# CONFIG_INTERCONNECT_QCOM_SC8280XP is not set

> Contact the folks who worked on mainline Linux kernel support for
> SC8180X and ask for help figuring out where/if the support for SC8180XP
> landed and how to debug the issue.

OK, I will report any updates here.

> I see a lot for SC8180X in mainline Linux, but no device tree curiously
> and nothing for SC8180XP either.

Right, I am not an expert, but I came to the same conclusion.

Best Regards,
Alfredo