Re: Installation of debian unstable on Lenovo IdeaPad 5G 14Q8X05

On Sat, 2023-01-21 at 09:54 +0000, Alfredo Nodo wrote:

> I tried the latest daily build of debian unstable with kernel 6.1 and
> now the snapdragon 8cx gen 2 SoC on my laptop is recognised
> correctly. However, I can start the installation in GUI and text
> mode, but the keyboard only works in GRUB, not during the installation.

Does an external USB keyboard work during the install?

> I think the problem is lack of drivers

Probably, or even just device-tree stuff.

I found a thread on the Ubuntu forums about these devices and Linaro
suggests that support for gen2 is now upstream, but from the search
link that Linaro provided, there are still things going into mainline
just two days ago, including PCI support. So you might need to either
compile linux-next for yourself or wait for a newer Linux release.

https://wikiless.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_processors?lang=en#Snapdragon_8cx_Compute_Platforms
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2480823
https://www.linaro.org/blog/upstream-linux-support-now-available-for-the-the-qualcomm-snapdragon-8-gen-2-mobile-platform/
https://lore.kernel.org/all/?q=SM8550