Re: Installation of debian unstable on Lenovo IdeaPad 5G 14Q8X05

Thank you for your reply.

> Does an external USB keyboard work during the install?

The laptop has only 1 USB Type A and 2 USB Type C ports. The type A one is used for installing the OS. I will try to find an adapter for the USB type C port.

> Probably, or even just device-tree stuff.

Maybe. What to do in this case?

> I found a thread on the Ubuntu forums about these devices and Linaro
> suggests that support for gen2 is now upstream, but from the search
> link that Linaro provided, there are still things going into mainline
> just two days ago, including PCI support. So you might need to either
> compile linux-next for yourself or wait for a newer Linux release.

> https://wikiless.org/wiki/List_of_Qualcomm_Snapdragon_processors?lang=en#Snapdragon_8cx_Compute_Platforms
> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2480823
> https://www.linaro.org/blog/upstream-linux-support-now-available-for-the-the-qualcomm-snapdragon-8-gen-2-mobile-platform/
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/?q=SM8550

The first wikipedia link shows the correct SoC while the others do not (Snapdragon 8cx (SC8180X, SC8180XP and SC8280) is different from Snapdragon 8 (SM8450 and SM8550), the former is a PC SoC while the latter is for smartphones).
Gen 1-2 are SoC SC8180X and SC8180XP respectively which are the same SoC except for the CPU frequency https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git/log/?qt=grep&q=SC8180.
Gen 3 is SoC SC8280 https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git/log/?qt=grep&q=SC8280

Best Regards,
Alfredo