Re: Arm board for a router

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 04:00:56PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> These two are fairly similar in specs, and should handle more traffic:
>
>   https://www.solid-run.com/product/clearfog-pro/

That's a neat board.  And I was just thinking something with a Marvell
chip might do well but couldn't think of any boards you could get (The
original cubox would not make a good router even though it's one network
port has quite good performance).  Certainly the imx6 based boards have
internal bus limitations that make the maximum network throughput not
much better than was considered not good enough.

> Clearfog has Some support in mainline linux, not sure how complete it
> is, or how well the debian kernels support it yet.
>
>   https://omnia.turris.cz/en/
>
> The Turris Omnia is somewhat similar hardware to the clearfog, so
> hopefully will get mainine support sooner than later.

Neat, another Armada chip.

> > I know that there's Cubieboard 5 (aka Cubietruck plus) but I'm not sure
> > what sort of support is there for the CPU in current kernels.
>
> Cubieboard5 support is not great, but improving... currently missing
> quite a few features in mainline linux (notably, usb and ethernet).

Hmm, no idea what the Allwinner network performance is like.

--
Len Sorensen