AppArmor not available in kernel for Marvell Kirkwood

Hello,

I have installed Debian 8.4 "Jessie" in a QNAP TS-221 and I want to
enable AppArmor MAC framework. It is assumed that AppArmor is available
out of the box in Debian 8.4 version[1] but in the latest kernel for
Marvell linux-image-3.16.0-4-kirkwood (version 3.16.7-ckt25-2)
is not available[2]:

$ grep -i apparmor /boot/config-3.16.0-4-kirkwood
# CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR is not set

I could recompile the kernel, but I would like to know if there is any
reason that is not available AppArmor in the Kirkwood kernel (or perhaps
it's a bug).

Thanks (and sorry for my bad English).

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Requirements
[2]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/security/apparmor.txt