Re: Arm board for a router

On 2016-05-19, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> I'm looking for a board that's debian-supported that could be used in
> med-spec router ('on-a-stick' setup)
> The only real requirement is throughput of the on-board network card.

These two are fairly similar in specs, and should handle more traffic:

  https://www.solid-run.com/product/clearfog-pro/

Clearfog has Some support in mainline linux, not sure how complete it
is, or how well the debian kernels support it yet.

  https://omnia.turris.cz/en/

The Turris Omnia is somewhat similar hardware to the clearfog, so
hopefully will get mainine support sooner than later.

> I know that there's Cubieboard 5 (aka Cubietruck plus) but I'm not sure
> what sort of support is there for the CPU in current kernels.

Cubieboard5 support is not great, but improving... currently missing
quite a few features in mainline linux (notably, usb and ethernet).

live well,
  vagrant