Re: Broadcom BCM2709, ARMv8, and missing CPU features

Are you sure they don't boot?  Something in the way you need to set up
your HDMI changed, the video mode I had set on my B didn't work on my
3B so I got a blank screen.  Watch your LEDs, if they're flickering
it's booting.  I had a post on it at
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=146684&p=966321#p966321
 I was able to boot into 640x480 mode once I edited my
/boot/config.txt on a different machine.

There are only 2 Raspbian images in their download area, one with X,
Mathematica, Libre Office, the works, and a "Lite" image with no X.
They still support all models with those images.  And they've sold
over 8 million of them.

I don't think I use big enough numbers to need 64 bit really, it's
more appealing to load 8 characters at once.  I'm not planning a Mars
mission.  If I can't fsck a 1 TB drive that's a problem.

freebie# calc '2^32'
        4294967296
freebie# calc '2^64'
        18446744073709551616

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX