Re: Broadcom BCM2709, ARMv8, and missing CPU features

Huh?  I thought they claimed they were interchangeable.  I had an
image from my model B days 3 years ago that I booted on my 3B.  And I
cloned a working current 3B SD card and booted a Zero from it.  There
isn't a different Debian image for every brand of motherboard and CPU,
they probe to see what hardware is there.  I wouldn't expect older
images to contain drivers for newer hardware maybe.

I guess I wouldn't make too much of the jump to 64 bit just yet.  I
remember when i386 jumped to 32 bit.  16 bit had a messy segmented
memory addressing scheme I was glad to get away from.  I can't afford
more than 32 bits worth of RAM anyway, especially since I've usually
got about 4 machines running.

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX