Re: Sheevaplug: Timing (?) problems since kernel 3.12

On 08.11.2014 10:44, Markus Krebs wrote:
[...]
> Since kernel 3.12 (i. e. when dtb was introduced) I'm experiencing
> various erratic problems when transferring files over the network. For
> example unison (over ssh) is complaining about "Corrupted MAC on input";
> or when I'm trying to read a file over the network, Windows sometimes
> states that the file is corrupt (which is not the case).

It does sound like network problems, but IME the SheevaPlug's USB
hardware is a bit dodgy --- I ran a server of a RAID array of USB sticks
for a while (yes, really) and I got regular data corruption problems.

Eventually I upgraded to a Mele A1000, but I was thinking about trying a
big SD card for storage instead. If you have one big enough handy it
might be interesting to try that and see if there's any difference in
behaviour.

│ "To be is to do" -- Nietzche
│ "To do is to be" -- Sartre
│ "Do be do be do" -- Sinatra