Re: Sheevaplug: Timing (?) problems since kernel 3.12

Am 09.11.2014 um 22:26 schrieb David Given:
On 08.11.2014 10:44, Markus Krebs wrote:
[...]
Since kernel 3.12 (i. e. when dtb was introduced) I'm experiencing
various erratic problems when transferring files over the network. For
example unison (over ssh) is complaining about "Corrupted MAC on input";
or when I'm trying to read a file over the network, Windows sometimes
states that the file is corrupt (which is not the case).

It does sound like network problems, but IME the SheevaPlug's USB
hardware is a bit dodgy --- I ran a server of a RAID array of USB sticks
for a while (yes, really) and I got regular data corruption problems.

Eventually I upgraded to a Mele A1000, but I was thinking about trying a
big SD card for storage instead. If you have one big enough handy it
might be interesting to try that and see if there's any difference in
behaviour.

Thanks, David. In the meantime I've tried a 32GB SD card now, to no avail: same symptoms. It must be a network driver problem.