Sheevaplug: Timing (?) problems since kernel 3.12

Hello,

I've been using a Sheevaplug with an USB-Stick for storage as a server for many years now. Since kernel 3.12 (i. e. when dtb was introduced) I'm experiencing various erratic problems when transferring files over the network. For example unison (over ssh) is complaining about "Corrupted MAC on input"; or when I'm trying to read a file over the network, Windows sometimes states that the file is corrupt (which is not the case).

I guess those are timing problems, because when I change back to kernel 3.11 (I kept the related uImage and uInitrd), everything is fine again. Could this problem be caused by a change in the network driver or in the USB mass storage driver? Could anybody point me in the right direction how to solve it?

When I use recent kernels from xilka.com, the problem persists, so I guess the problem is not Debian-related, but the solution must be found upstream(?).