Re: InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 13:31 +0200, Michi Ti wrote:
> Now, i succesfully used the experimental kernel from:
> https://packages.debian.org/experimental/kernel/linux-image-3.15-trunk-armmp-lpae
>

> now all my usb-devices are recognized by the kernel.(My dvb-s2 stick
> pctv 461e too! which not worked on the offical sunxi 3.4 kernel)
>

> But i now have a another problem: :-(
>

> i have a 4tb hdd which has the gpt format and when i connect this hdd
> to cubietruck it can not boot!
>
> when i try "scsi scan" then "scsi part 0" it says not valid gpt table!

And you are sure it really is valid?

> Has the bootloader gpt support?

It's built with CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION which I think is the required
option but I've never done EPT things with u-boot, so I've no idea if
that is sufficient.

This stuff is generic u-boot stuff not sunxi, board or even ARM
specific, so you might want to ask on the u-boot mailing lists.

> Because i now use/have the 3.15 kernel so i can install debian to an
> sd-card too?

In theory, but the installer is still using 3.14 which lacks the mmc
drivers.

> If i can install it to a sd-card then i could boot from sd and then
> have the rootfs on my 4tb hdd.

Yes.

Until the installer is update to 3.15 you could install to SATA and then
move /boot to an mmc partition, update fstab to mount it etc, which
should have the same affect.

> How can i boot from mmc/sd ?

Probably it is enough to use "mmc scan" and set ${device} to mmc instead
of scsi, but I've not tried it.

If you manage to figure out the specifics please update the wiki page

Ian.