Re: InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner

On Thu, 2014-07-03 at 18:28 +0200, Michi Ti wrote:

> i recompiled your wip-bootloader and it suddenly worked! I could start
> the installer

Good!

>  BUT
>
> the installer don't recognize my sata hdd. In u-boot the hdd is
> recognized!

How odd. I think we need to see the installer logs and dmesg to figure
this one out.

> Do you mean the u-boot from:
> https://packages.debian.org/es/sid/armhf/u-boot/download?
>
> How do i install it on my sd-card(where i have the bootloader)?

Download u-boot_2014.04+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb via that link.

Unpack it on any Debian system with "dpkg-deb -x u-boot_2014.04
+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb foo"

Then you should have foo/usr/lib/u-boot/Cubietruck/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin

Which you can write to sd like you would normally do.

> But when i want to compile the "2014.04+dfsg1-1" u-boot, i cannot find
> the cubietruck board in the boards.cfg!

You don't need to compile it, but if you did then you want to look for
Cubietruck (the case matters):

u-boot-2014.04+dfsg1# grep -i cubie boards.cfg
Active  arm         armv7          sunxi       -               sunxi               Cubietruck                            sun7i:CUBIETRUCK,SPL,SUNXI_GMAC,RGMII,AHCI,SATAPWR=SUNXI_GPH(12)                                                     Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk>:Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Active  arm         armv7          sunxi       -               sunxi               Cubietruck_FEL                        sun7i:CUBIETRUCK,SPL_FEL,SUNXI_GMAC,RGMII,,AHCI,SATAPWR=SUNXI_GPH(12)                                                Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk>:Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>

> My boot.scr looks exactly like in the tutorial:
> "https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner#Installing_to_SATA";

Great, no typos I hope ;-)

Ian.