Re: recommend a netbook for Debian deployment?

On 6 November 2013 19:38, Mikhail Ramendik <mr@ramendik.ru> wrote:
>>> Wait, is PowerVR rebranded as Intel HD Graphics? I'm getting confused
>>> - again probably my fault (just trying to understand how stuff works).
>>
>> No intel calls it the GMA500.
>
> Which means there is a working open source driver?

My sincere apologies for hitting Send before the download completed. I
did get the GMA500 driver at
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=19158
and it does not seem to include a source license, although does seem
to include a lot of source.

I might well be confused here, but if there IS an open source driver
release - which is normal practice for Intel - then I can understand
picking the PowerVR for an open tablet design. Even if it's not so
stable when under active 3D use. Reverse-engineered drivers inevitably
add instability anyway.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik