Re: pb with sheeva plug and usb/sd memory cards

Hello all,

Today, I got my ssd disk (Crucial 32 Gb "old" sata 3Gb/s) with USB box.
As expected, my pbx running with my SD card could not be stopped (lots of "error -110" -- problems with the speed of writing to SD card). I could recover the FS on the ssd drive. Of course, I do not have the "true" speed of ssd but I see :
-34 MB/s reading large file
-17 MB/s writing
which is 2x slower than what I get on my old server with a soft RAID on hard drives.
BUT I get nearly the same write speed if I copy an entire directory, which is then 10x faster than my HD on the server.
As my sheeva is a pbx essentially, it is far more reactive now. I'll see in one or 2 year and try not to forget to inform you.... But I think this is the way to go to avoid spending time recovering my system... and to have my customer happy!
The SSD drive is totally cold - which means it uses far less power than the sheeva it self.

best regards,
--
Laurent Lesage
DrEagle a écrit :
Another intersting behaviour of the SD, USB and SSD also is the write
deadlocks :
see few attempts to get explain at my fastbench page [1].

Regards,

[1] https://doukki.net/doku.php?id=wiki:tutoriels:fastbench