Re: pb with sheeva plug and usb/sd memory cards

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:10:14 -0700
Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> allegedly wrote:

> There have been persistent reports of flaky results with SD cards on
> Sheeva (and other) Plug devices.  The best theory I've heard so far
> is that the SD interface hardware/software in the Plugs is vey picky
> about the specs and timing of the SD card interface.  Many people
> have no problems for years, but if you happen to pick a card from a
> slightly out-of-spec batch, you will have no end of intermittent
> problems.
> Why not just go back to using a USB flash stick?
> Rick

I had persistent problems with SD cards when I first bought a
sheevaplug back in 2010. (See http://baldric.net/2010/03/30/unplugged/
for example). My problems only disappeared when I moved to using a
(powered) USB disk as boot and filesystem.

blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312

Note that I have recently upgraded my GPG key see: