Re: Single Chip ARM solution for Debian Linux?

On 2012-07-22 at 14:49:00 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  lastly it is worthwhile mentioning that yes, openwrt can even now fit
> into 16 or even 8mb of RAM, [...]
>  bottom line is: if you're prepared to increase the RAM requirements
> to say 64mb and to use debian 3.1 (*1) from over 10 years ago you
> *might* get lucky,

Actually, in my experience current debian (wheezy) is able to boot and
run cli apps on a device with 32MB RAM (ben nanonote, ships with openwrt),
but it will need a bit of swap to be able to run apt-get.
On an old laptop with 128MB RAM I run a full LXDE desktop, and it
is able to run even iceweasel.

A computerish device with 64MB RAM should be able to run a modern
headerless debian system without significant issues.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''