Re: How to install Debian on MCIMX53-START-R

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012, peter green wrote:
> Hector Oron wrote:
> >
> >I think PMIC support is initialized in FSL u-boot, could you try to
> >use FSL u-boot? And try again?
> Someone gave me an IMX53-START-R set-up to boot debian armhf from a SATA
> HDD and I'm having the same problem of no power to USB ports. According
> to the guy who gave it to me it's running the version of U-BOOT that came
> with a another board of the same model (he runs serveral of them).
>
> Where should I get the latest "FSL u-boot" and how should I install it?

FSL == FreeScale; I'm personally aware of this git repo maintained by
FSL with some U-Boot bits:
    http://opensource.freescale.com/git

You might find more bits are available as tarballs from:
    http://opensource.freescale.com/
e.g. the i.MX53 BSP seems to have a bunch of downloads:
    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53_SW

   Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier