Re: Sheevaplug will not finish booting after kernel update

Hie Jason,

Le 26/10/2010 01:29, Jason Graham a écrit :
>> Is your /etc/fstab correct ?
> Aha.  That fixes that at least.  I'd forgotten my root is on
> /dev/sda3, and I changed it attempting to troubleshoot my other
> problem.

Ok for this.

> Now I'm back at my original problem.  Something about installing the
> latest kernel is causing a kernel panic (see the newly attached log
> starting at line 386).  I've tried chrooting into the USB drive from
> my desktop machine, but I don't think I'm able to do that if I'm not
> running an ARM install on my desktop.  Is there a way that I can
> either try re-installing the kernel without being able to boot into
> the machine?

You can mkimage from your desktop with :
mkimage -arm

look at :
http://www.computingplugs.com/index.php/Building_a_custom_kernel#Getting_U-Boot.27s_mkimage

The simpliest way is to temporarly replace the kernel with a sheeva plug
precompiled kenel uimage from :
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/

Backup your current uimage then put the correct version upgrade from
lenny, boot again and reinstall the debian kernel.
Do not forget flash-image.

--
"Look on the other side for address and phone"
                 -- P. K. Dick