Re: beaglebuddy zippy

On 25/10/2010 17:56, Robert Nelson wrote:
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM, peter green
<peter.green@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk>  wrote:
On 25/10/2010 16:55, Robert Nelson wrote:
That one is a pretty old development kernel, does my stable kernel do
the same thing?

http://rcn-ee.net/deb/lenny/v2.6.35.7-x6/

Install script:
http://rcn-ee.net/deb/lenny/v2.6.35.7-x6/install-me.sh
Ok with that kernel and buddy=zippy the beagleboard boots and the rtc on
the
beaglebuddy now works (though I had to manually reconfigure the init
scripts
to use it)
Cool, good to hear that's working..

The ethernet still doesn't seem to work though.

[   20.766082] enc28j60 spi4.0: enc28j60 Ethernet driver 1.01 loaded
[   20.858734] enc28j60 spi4.0: enc28j60 chip not found
[   20.906494] enc28j60: probe of spi4.0 failed with error -5

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
Are you 100% sure it's a zippy with the Microchip enc28j60?
About as sure as I can be, there is a green sticker covering most of the
part number on the Ethernet chip (I could remove this but i'm not sure if
doing so would void any gaurantees so i'd rather not) on the Ethernet chip
but the bit of the part number I can see is "enc" and the pin count are
consistent with an ENC28J60.

Looking at the photos of the zippy2 the ethernet chip on it looks very
different
Yeah, sounds like a zippy original...

I uploaded the zippy setup routines for the beagle here
http://pastebin.com/gJ194yDN  line 146.

I've only tested the zippy2 routines, of which were based off the
zippy routines and came from/tested with angstrom..

Just as a test, does the angstrom uImage and modules work on your
board with this module?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/uImage-2.6.32-r90+gitra6bad4464f985fdd3bed72e1b82dcbfc004d7869-beagleboard.bin
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/modules-2.6.32-r90+gitra6bad4464f985fdd3bed72e1b82dcbfc004d7869-beagleboard.tgz
I'm having great trouble downloading those files. Do you know of any other source for them?
Regards,