Re: beaglebuddy zippy

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM, peter green
<peter.green@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> Ok with that kernel and buddy=zippy the beagleboard boots and the rtc on
>>> the
>>> beaglebuddy now works (though I had to manually reconfigure the init
>>> scripts
>>> to use it)
>>
>> Cool, good to hear that's working..
>>
>>> The ethernet still doesn't seem to work though.
>>>
>>> [   20.766082] enc28j60 spi4.0: enc28j60 Ethernet driver 1.01 loaded
>>> [   20.858734] enc28j60 spi4.0: enc28j60 chip not found
>>> [   20.906494] enc28j60: probe of spi4.0 failed with error -5
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
>>
>> Are you 100% sure it's a zippy with the Microchip enc28j60?
>
> About as sure as I can be, there is a green sticker covering most of the
> part number on the Ethernet chip (I could remove this but i'm not sure if
> doing so would void any gaurantees so i'd rather not) on the Ethernet chip
> but the bit of the part number I can see is "enc" and the pin count are
> consistent with an ENC28J60.
>
> Looking at the photos of the zippy2 the ethernet chip on it looks very
> different

Yeah, sounds like a zippy original...

I uploaded the zippy setup routines for the beagle here
http://pastebin.com/gJ194yDN  line 146.

I've only tested the zippy2 routines, of which were based off the
zippy routines and came from/tested with angstrom..

Just as a test, does the angstrom uImage and modules work on your
board with this module?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/uImage-2.6.32-r90+gitra6bad4464f985fdd3bed72e1b82dcbfc004d7869-beagleboard.bin
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/modules-2.6.32-r90+gitra6bad4464f985fdd3bed72e1b82dcbfc004d7869-beagleboard.tgz

Regards,