Re: [Fwd: Upgrading kernel on Sheevaplug requires SD card to be removed and re-inserted]

John Winters wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> [snip]
>> I suggest you tar up your data, change the partition layout, untar it
>> and change /etc/fstab.
>
> Thank you - I will do that today and report back on how I get on.

Happy to report that it all worked beautifully, and the upgrade to
2.6.32-2 now works too.  Thanks to Martin for his usual excellent
assistance.

Two further questions:

1) I have:

deb http://people.debian.org/~tbm/orion lenny main

in /etc/apt/sources.list, which produces the following warning every
time I run "apt-get update".

W: GPG error: http://people.debian.org lenny Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 29BE5D2268FD549F

The main Debian keys usually come in packages which can be installed.
Is there a similar way I can get this one?

2) Kernel 2.6.32-2 causes problems with Lenny running as an NFS server.
 The nfs-kernel-server startup scripts try to check whether the kernel
is NFS-capable and erroneously decide it isn't.  I know one messy way
around this - simply disable the check - but I was wondering whether
there's an approved way of doing it in the ARM environment, where the
problem must be normal.

Cheers,
John