Re: Sheevaplug Questions

Heya,

you can try using ubifs with compression if you didn't already, that will get
some more out of the limited space.

But you should try avoiding writes to the flash, so consider mounting parts as
tmpfs etc, there are quite some ideas floating around on the plugforum.

/var etc could be parked on an sd which will propably not last forever, but
with backups from time to time you are on the safe side.

I think the internal flash is faster then an external usb stick, no idea about
harddrives though, so if you are going to attach one anyway why not just park
the rootfs there as well eh? A simple 2.5' hd doesn't use much power and for
further usb gadgets a powered usb hub is a good idea, also my hub delivers
enough power for the sheeva as well.

Karsten