Successful SheevaPlug install, albeit with some tweaks (ums-cypress issues)

Hello fellow Debian-arm users,

This mail to report that I successfully managed to install Debian testing on my SheevaPlug using the installer from Martin's page[1].

Because of bug#534324[2] however, I had to perform manual tweaks to the installer because it would not recognize my USB hard disk (partitioner would see only my SD card). Given that I had managed to regenerate an initrd w/ working ums-cypress/usbstorage modules in it (for Debian stable install), I could copy them to my SD card and replace the installer ones once it had started. I also had to copy the rmmod binary from my working stable install to do that however, given that I could not find within the installer FS that command. Re-executing the disk detection steps then allowed to proceed w/ installation.

I am going to submit an installation report with this information. I simply wanted to know whether it was normal that rmmmod was not present in the installer (but this may be only me having overlooked it).

Thanks to all maintainers (esp Martin) for allowing the SheevaPlug to work on Debian!

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html