Re: Installing debian on N2100

On Dec 23, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Andrew Haswell wrote:

can you give me some advice as to what partitions to create, can i get away with just root and swap or is it worth considering more granularity.

I will install Debian on 1 HDD to start and add the other in after, mirror the debian partitions, then create data partitions.

Then he added:

I've got 2x 500GB Seagate Drives in it at the moment, i doubt i will ever do anything particularly taxing with it on the linux side, will probably use it for a LAMP type install, samba, then usual media software.

Given that you don't plan to "ever do anything particularly taxing with it on the linux side", root and swap will do fine. The bulk of the disk(s) will be going into your data partitions.

As discussed in another thread, if you think you'll ever need to use the "linux side" for anything interesting, you should definitely split off a "/home" and then think seriously about splitting off "/ var" and "/tmp".

Rick