Re: Problem building libhdf4 on eabi/arml

On 2007-12-13 14:31 +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> I'm trying to build libhdf4 for eabi/arml.
>
> This looks like it can't find a lib called "df"
>
> Does anybody know what this is/was and assuming it's something Fortran
> related what I should be using?

packages.debian.org has a very ueseful files search when you need to
find where a file is from:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libdf.a&mode=exactfilename&suite=unstable&arch=any
suggests that it comes from libhdf4g-dev

so you may have a 'needs itself to build' issue (as libhdf4g seems to
come from the libhdf4 source package), which will need some
poking about to work out what to do about.

(you could probably have guessed that from the error really :-) that
'df' was a giveaway :-)

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/