Re: Installing debian on N2100

Andrew Haswell wrote:
Ok im going to get on and do this this weekend, probably the hardest part will be fitting all my data on other drives temporarily!

If i remember correctly boot is written to the flash at the end of the installation,

The kernel and initrd are written to flash at the end of the installation.

can you give me some advice as to what partitions to create, can i get away with just root and swap or is it worth considering more granularity.

I will install Debian on 1 HDD to start and add the other in after, mirror the debian partitions, then create data partitions.

How big are your hard discs?

John