Re: restricted sourceless ARM uploads

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 12:32:25PM -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:

> Could you try those packages on hedges?  (You can get developer access
> from Wookey if you need it).  Hedges has 512MB real and 1.5GB swap.  And
> unlike leisner, the netwinders, or nslu2s, it's expandable if needed.

No use, this will simply thrash the box to no end. Try to build openvrml
for example. It failed on europa after 1000 minutes of inactivity:

<http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=openvrml&ver=0.15.10-8&arch=arm&stamp=1150222284&file=log>

> But on that point, I've never had any issues with either
> distcc+crossgcc--- which I've tested extensively--- or QEMU.  But

Neither I have (I use distcc+crossgcc on top of aranym quite
extensively) so I don't see any reason not to use that if that help
the port to be releasable.

> forcing the use of real hardware wherever possible means (a) you know
> for sure, and (b) you have to keep your real hardware maintained.  Those
> seem like good things.

They are sure good thing but not at the price of the port not
being released which is the issue here.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>