Re: Endianess problem with capture file from NSLU2

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 04:05:48PM +0100, Thomas Boehne wrote:
> Well that dump matches the way my x86 does a dump, which is little
> endian.  So the header saying little endian matches the contents of the
> dump, and also makes sense since the IXP is an intel chip, it is almost
> certainly little endian (arm systems come both ways, but more and more
> seem to be moving to little endian).
>
> Does the capture not seem to work?

Yes and No :-)

I just examined the problem a little further and found out that only the
_outgoing_ packets have the wrong byte order, the incoming ones are fine.
Since the first packet in my hexdump example was incoming, that part was
correct in both files - sorry for the confusion.

I uploaded a small sample packet for an incoming TCP connection, which
shows exactly that the outgoing packets are byte-reversed:

http://www.tobox.de/nslu2.cap

The NSLU2 has MAC 00:14:bf:66:71:43 and IP 192.168.178.214.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas