Re: qemu-friendly flavour of the ARM kernel

* Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> [2006-12-13 14:04]:
> As of now, no official ARM flavour can run in qemu, which prevents
> us from using what could be an extremely cheap and easy to deploy
> development platform. Qemu however supports the versatile platform, and
> adding a kernel for it to the archive is just, as far as I understand, a
> matter of uncommenting that flavour. Is it too late for that?

It's a problem of build resources.  I won't enable the Qemu kernel
image for etch because the ARM kernels already takes about 2 days to
build.  I'll re-evaluate the flavours we're building on ARM after
etch.  Since the RiscPC kernel will be dropped, it might be possible
to add Qemu.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/