Re: requalification of arm as etch release architecture

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 21:52 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Jeroen> NSLU2's can run Debian's ARM EB (Big Endian) branch and then
>  Jeroen> can use the internal Ethernet Port. Otherwise, one can run
>  Jeroen> ARM EL (Little Endian) with a USB Ethernet Adapter.
>
> The built in ethernet is actually also working in LE now. It still
> needs a bit of hacking (E.G. it crashes on rmmod), but basic
> functionaly is there ..

Oh, I didn't get this good news yet, cool! :)
Well, then maybe 1 NSLU2 LE and one BE? depending on the load a bit.
The arm (el) tree is mostly build already, current buildd.net lists
already 2 (bob&wendy) nslu2's building armeb, one up, the other one
coming, and only kmuto building all the pools, except unstable, for
arm(el). Some reboot trick between arm(el|eb) could of course make them
available for both armeb&arm. As these boxes are not super fast,
clustering them, running multiple buildd hosts in the same spot, will
most likely help a lot. They can also be setup completely the same
(mirrored even) so that security issues should be the same as one box.
If really needed I could put up an additional two, with four of them
there really should not be an issue in build power I hope ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen