Re: requalification of arm as etch release architecture

Guys:

Bummer I missed the IRC meeting...

Peter Korsgaard wrote:

One of the cheapest and most easily accessable board is probably the
Linksys NSLU2 - http://peter.korsgaard.com/articles/debian-nslu2.php

I'm the kernel maintainer for a number of ARM boards that run debian-arm and don't require hardware mods first:

http://cogcomp.com/csb_csb337.htm (AT91RM9200)
http://cogcomp.com/csb_csb637.htm (AT91RM9200)
http://cogcomp.com/csb_csb625.htm (PXA255)

These three boards run 2.6 kernels, boot standalone, and have run debian-arm for a couple of years now. They're all ~200 MHz machines, however, so I'm not sure they'd make good buildd candidates. If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know and I'll see what I can do to get a few of them online. I have colo resources at a facility in the USA, so getting them accessible from anywhere won't be a problem.

Would love to become an official Debian Developer, but I'm mostly focused on kernels and not packages per se. If that's enough to get me in, then would someone sponsor me?

Alternatively, what packages need some help getting over the top? I'd be happy to take a look at them so as to get them moving again, especially if that gets me onboard as a DD. But I hesitate to be the offical package maintainer long-term because kernel work keeps me pretty busy.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com