Re: Need help with Netwinder - cyber2000fb kernel command for kernel 2.4.16

In message <[🔎] 1016408620.24309.147.camel@kc>
          Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 03:33, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> > Also, that kernel source .text.exit error thing... what do I need
> > to do here exactly to fix this? This is with the Debian 2.4.16-all
> > source and the kernel-patch-2.4.16-arm applied. I would like to
> > make a mostly monolithic kernel with only a few modules, such
> > as binfmt_aout, binfmt_misc, loop, etc.
>
> I think the advice that binutils gives you in its postinst is sound:
>
>  There are a few work-arounds, but the most reliable is to edit the
>  linker script for your architecture (e.g. arch/i386/vmlinux.lds) and
>  remove the '*(.text.exit)' entry from the 'DISCARD' line.  It will
>  bloat the kernel somewhat, but it should link properly.

Not for ARM - this file is generated from another.  You want to edit
vmlinux-armv.lds.in

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/