Re: Upgraded NeTTrom from 2.1.24 to 2.3.3 - refuses to boot

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:59:43PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Hm.  Disconnecting the keyboard makes it play the complete startup
> sound and display some information about using the serial port.  With
> the keyboard connected, only fraction of the startup sound is played
> before it reboots.

Oh dear, that's a new one. :(  Luckily, you are getting far enough that
recovery via serial is definately possible.  But I'd like to see the
sreial boot log first.

> Working on it.  Do I need a crossover cable?  Which pins needs to be
> shorted?  I'm trying to connect it to a 9-pin plug on my PC.

Yes, plain null-modem will do.  Pins 2&3 should be crossed, and pin 7
straight-through for the ground.  Other pins needn't be connected.
Be sure you have flow control disabled in your comm program.
-R