Re: howto install debian on netwinder?

>I see, that makes sense.  But it would be nice to be able to say, for
>example, "kernel-image-2.4.6-netwinder Depends: nettrom (>= 2.3.3)", to
>avoid the confusion of "Why doesn't this work?"

By and large the situation doesn't arise.  I think the only requirement for
specific nettroms that we have is the installer itself, because your firmware
needs to understand the combined kernel/ramdisk image format.  (And even that
isn't an absolute requirement: it's just easier to say in the documentation
that you need a new nettrom than it is to explain how to make things work with
an older one.)

Once you get over that hurdle any version of nettrom should be okay for booting
the system.

p.