Re: Package xserver-xorg-core and Nvidia

Karl Schmidt wrote:
I think I shouldn't have updated to lenny -- I can't get nvidia working and I need it for a dual head setup (I don't think the "nv" driver can do this).

Not sure which way to go from here:

* Use the nvidia supplied drivers? (I've never done this)

* Is there a way to use the etch drivers?

* Get Some other card that has an open driver that supports dual head display?

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

If man's brain was simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple to understand it.

I have not been following this thread completely, but I am at a loss. Why not just follow these directions:

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#head-ba6a83e61cea90c0e3e5e9d7b014618e35f65ec3

This has always just worked for me. Most notable is the first method. With out fail, it just worked. Of course, setting up dual head monitor takes some tweaking of your xorg. conf file but you can always try nvidia-settings or nvidia-xconfig and see if they can find the correct settings for you.

If this has been covered, please excuse the repost.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com