Re: Package xserver-xorg-core and Nvidia

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 08:59:37PM -0600, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> I think I shouldn't have updated to lenny -- I can't get nvidia working and
> I need it for a dual head setup (I don't think the "nv" driver can do this).
>
> Not sure which way to go from here:
>
> * Use the nvidia supplied drivers? (I've never done this)
>
> * Is there a way to use the etch drivers?
>
> * Get Some other card that has an open driver that supports dual head
> display?

Usually I find the unstable nvidia drivers will install fine on testing,
at least most of the time.  The stable drivers often not install due to
updated libraries and X server versions and such.

Unfortunately non-free stuff never seems to move to testing in anything
resembling a timely manner.