Intel vs AMD support of linux developers.

I've been using AMD processors on my last few systems, but I talked to a friend of mine that does hardware work. His take is that Intel is more open about the hardware specifications than most anyone in the business including AMD and thus supports Linux developers better.

If this is true, I might go back to using Intel on Tyan MBs

Can anyone with firsthand (or at least close secondhand) knowledge comment on this? I really want to support those that support Linux.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.