Re: X locking up

Am Freitag 05 Oktober 2007 schrieb Alex Samad:
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this a pure amd64 problem but.
>
> I have been using eclipse for a while and recently ran through some upgrade
> (tracking lenny) - new nvidia driver ...
>
> When I go to switch workplaces X freezes up, I can change to vt1 and do a
> ctrl+shift + backspace to kill of X, but nothing else.  when I ran a strace
> on xfwm4 it seemed to have problems on fd 3
>
> has any one else been having these problems ?
>
> Also I was using pgadmin3 recently and had it crash each time I clicked on
> create a new server button, fixed this by upgrading libc6 - this has helped
> the previous problem by allowing me to change to vt1-7 or killing X, before
> I had to go to my other machine and ssh back to this one to kill gdm!
>

> Alex

Hi Alex,

there is a bug in the binary part of NVIDIA-drivers version 100.14.11 and
100.14.19. Try to switch back to 100.14.09, this is working with no problems.

The freeze is appearing at 64-bit systems and mostly Nvidia 7300 cards.
Just take a look at the bugreports and the discussions at the nvidia homepage.

Regards

Hans