Re: Troubles with debuild since devscripts 2.9.17

Le 23.04.2006 16:03:37, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> writes:

>> This also have no effect on -fPIC. That MUST be set on all
>> architectures for shared libraries. So any check of DEB_HOST_ARCH
>> would be a bug.

That should be

CFLAGS += -fPIC

ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), amd64)
    CFLAGS += -march=k8
    CONFFLAGS += --enable-3dnow
else

Having 12 special cases for all archs and each one adds -fPIC is
stupid. Just add it once for all archs. Remeber: It must be set on all
archs. Even if they don't (always) give a linker error.
Well, I've got the debian/rules which is in the cinelerra cvs (svn) archive and I've edited it to be able to build it for amd64 architecture. I've not thought about "the others", just for me to be able to compile it. And I've added -fPIC because it is *required* for amd64. I dont know/dont mind for other architectures.

But the problem was not with this particular setting, the problem was in handling the variables: dpkg-buildpackage does, debuild did but doent anymore while it should.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I hope you do have "DEB_HOST_ARCH = $(dpkg-architecture
-qDEB_HOST_ARCH)" in there too.
I know also it is a best practice but is it mandatory?

Jean-Luc