Re: Troubles with debuild since devscripts 2.9.17

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> writes:

>> This also have no effect on -fPIC. That MUST be set on all
>> architectures for shared libraries. So any check of DEB_HOST_ARCH
>> would be a bug.
>
> Why a bug, I can set CFLAGS according to the architecture (what I do
> with cinelerra - and what is done with other packages):
>
> ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), amd64)
>     CFLAGS += -march=k8 -fPIC
>     CONFFLAGS += --enable-3dnow
> else
>
> Regards
>
> Jean-Luc

That should be

CFLAGS += -fPIC

ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH), amd64)
    CFLAGS += -march=k8
    CONFFLAGS += --enable-3dnow
else

Having 12 special cases for all archs and each one adds -fPIC is
stupid. Just add it once for all archs. Remeber: It must be set on all
archs. Even if they don't (always) give a linker error.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I hope you do have "DEB_HOST_ARCH = $(dpkg-architecture
-qDEB_HOST_ARCH)" in there too.