Troubles with debuild since devscripts 2.9.17

Hi,

I'use to build debian packages from the svn releases of cinelerra and several other ones.

With debuild from devscripts 2.9.16 everything is fine but with 2.9.17 I got the following error the traditionnal "recompile with -fPIC" message: /usr/bin/ld: .libs/libmpeg3.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
.libs/libmpeg3.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Having a look futher, I've seen that the DEB_HOST_ARCH variable is no more set with this new version.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Regards

Jean-Luc