Re: One more time, openoffice :)

On Thursday 21 September 2006 17:41, Emmanuel Fleury wrote:
> Rafael Rodríguez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > there are experimental ubuntu amd64-native packages for OpenOffice
> > according to [1]. Apart from that, a couple of days ago non-official
> > packages (re-built from the debian unstable sources) were posted in this
> > list, but I haven't had the time to test them quite a lot. In fact, I
> > have a bug: the first time I start OpenOffice, it crashes, but the
> > second time it works... ?¿
>
> By now, you do not need to modify anymore the debian/rules file. The
> amd64 architecture is compiling fine automatically and produce all the
> needed packages.
>
> But the software is still quite unstable and need to be tested and
> debugged.
>
> > Anyway, anyone knows the state of the former and the latter, or the
> > plans? Rene, are you alive? ;)
>
> I guess now it's building fine and we need to fix all these pointers
> problems (last time I ran it I was hitting a double free problem).
>
> Just to recall the process to compile it:
>
> First of all, few links about OpenOffice:
> http://www.openoffice.org/
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Porting_to_x86-64_(AMD64,_EM64T)
> http://openoffice.debian.net/
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openoffice.org.html
>
> Preparing to compile (to be done once):
>
> 1) Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
> deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib
>
> 2) Update:
> su -c 'apt-get update'
>
> 3) Get the packages needed to compile openoffice.org:
> su -c 'apt-get build-dep -t experimental openoffice.org'
>
> Note: The package boost-build is needed but might not be in the list
> of the build-dep (install it by hand if needed)

At this point i get:

c64:~# apt-get install -t experimental boost-build
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
boost-build is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
c64:~# apt-get build-dep -t experimental openoffice.org
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Build-dependencies for openoffice.org could not be satisfied.

Any ideas?

Mzzl
	Henk