Re: how to get all options from dpkg-reconfigure

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
Dimitris Lampridis wrote:
On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16:21, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 03:15:40PM +0200, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
I want to update my refreching rate for my monitor, because I had to
switch from a TFT to a normal screen.
So I tried to type
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
but I am not asked the questions I know from first set up of the xserver:
which resolution and which refreching rate do you want?

I do not think that I need to work on another package, xserver-xorg
should be the right. But why am I not asked this questions.

The same with exim4. At the first time you can choose if exim should
handel all mails or just the lokal ones etc. I am also not able to select
this behavior by using dpkg.

What am I missing?
Try dpkg-reconfigure -p low xserver-xorg

Perhaps some of the questions are at a different priority than they used
to be.  Not sure.
That's what I thought as well when I first saw the posting, but before suggesting to drop the priority, I tried it myself. Even in low priority, the package configuration never asks for screen resolution, color depth etc.

I can confirm that xserver-xorg is not asking for resolutions and stuff
like that. I've tried it myself some time ago, and I had to manually
edit the xorg.conf file to suit my new monitor.

ii  xserver-xorg                     7.0.22                  the X.Org X
server

I do to. The first time i installed it, it asked me the desire resolution but not anymore... the desired resolution didn't work as i spected, and my monitor is from 2002, i don't think it's quite old. I selected 1152x864 @75Hz and it's not working, i have 1024x768 @90, and i just don't get it... maybe it's about the driver thing? I have an Nvidia Gforce FX5500 and of course i haven't installed the original driver, but the one that Xorg has.

--
santiago.lunar@jabberes.org
linux user #397015