Re: how to get all options from dpkg-reconfigure

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16:21, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 03:15:40PM +0200, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> > I want to update my refreching rate for my monitor, because I had to
> > switch from a TFT to a normal screen.
> > So I tried to type
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
> > but I am not asked the questions I know from first set up of the xserver:
> > which resolution and which refreching rate do you want?
> >
> > I do not think that I need to work on another package, xserver-xorg
> > should be the right. But why am I not asked this questions.
> >
> > The same with exim4. At the first time you can choose if exim should
> > handel all mails or just the lokal ones etc. I am also not able to select
> > this behavior by using dpkg.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> Try dpkg-reconfigure -p low xserver-xorg
>
> Perhaps some of the questions are at a different priority than they used
> to be.  Not sure.

That's what I thought as well when I first saw the posting, but before
suggesting to drop the priority, I tried it myself. Even in low priority, the
package configuration never asks for screen resolution, color depth etc.

With low priority, here's the list of settings I get:
 - video driver
 - video card name
 - bus name
 - video memory
 - use fb [y/N]
 - autodetect kbd layout [y/N]
 - kbd layout
 - XKB rule
 - kbd model
 - kbd variant
 - kbd options
 - mouse protocol
 - emulate 3rd button [y/N]
 - list of modules to load
 - write Files section [Y/n]

and that's it... Normally the screen settings were after mouse and before
module loading if i'm not mistaken. Unfortunately I don't have any
suggestions as to what might be wrong.

Dimitris