Re: [SPAM] Re: XFS, EXT3 or some other?

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 01:38:26PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Sad to read about that, after having reiserfs as filesystem on all my
> partitions (except precious data - my papers and my database - that I
> extra-save on a 25 years old external scsi HD as vfat). I understand that
> going back means doing everything, except partitions, ex novo. Now that I
> have even set up the measurement of temperatures. Is tout le monde convinced?

I certainly had to go through a bunch of work to convert, although since
I was running raid1 on all those machines, I basically broke the raid,
created a new degraded raid on the drive dropped out of the original
raid, set it up with ext3, copied all the data over with cp -ax, and
then deleted the old raid, and added the drive into the new raid.

Of course it is quite likely reiserfs has gotten more stable in the
couple of years since I stopped using it.  I just don't think it has any
features that make me interested in trying it again.  Liek really, what
features does reiserfs have that I could possibly want that ext3 doesn't
have?