Re: ndiswrapper and sound - etch

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:46:08AM -0400, Scott Thomas wrote:
[..]
> I installed and compiled ndiswrapper 1.16, and the WinXP64 driver and the
> Broadcom worked perfectly. Unfortunately, the sound stopped working
> immediately. The error was no device found (looking for /dev/audio
> and/or /dev/dsp. I created /dev/audio and now it no longer complains about
> the device, but still doesn't have sound.

/dev/dsp is for OSS sound, while your Debian installation will be using
ALSA by default. Look for /proc/asound as evidence; /proc/asound/cards
should list detected sound cards.

If you need OSS emulation, load the module snd-pcm-oss. udev will then
create /dev/dsp and /dev/audio. I don't know the official way to have
snd-pcm-oss loaded automatically.

Hamish